A easy kids recipe & quick pork stir fry recipe. Substitute pork for chicken stir-fry strips or use noodles instead of rice.
Get this kids recipe & shop ingredients online: http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/Shop/Recipe/3297
To make sweet and sour sauce, place ingredients in a jug, whisk to combine.
Place cornflour, five spice, egg and soy sauce in a bowl whisk to combine. Add diced pork and toss to coat. Stir-fry pork in a wok, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Stir-fry pineapple and capsicum. Add tomatoes, spring onion and pork. Add sauce mixture. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Serve with rice, scattered with sesame seeds.
Prep mins: 20
Cook mins: 10
400g pork fillet
2 tablespoons Homebrand cornflour
1 teaspoon Woolworths Select Chinese five spice
1 Woolworths Select free range egg
2 tablespoons Woolworths Select soy sauce
2 tablespoons Woolworths Select vegetable oil
300g (about ¼ small) pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 3cm pieces
1 red capsicum, cut into large dice
10 Solanato tomatoes, halved
8 spring onion shallots, cut into 2cm lengths
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
250g Woolworths Select microwave long grain white rice
Sweet and sour sauce
2 tablespoons Woolworths Select tomato sauce
½ cup rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup plum sauce
2 teaspoons Homebrand cornflour
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup Chinese rice wine (Shoaxing) or dry sherry
1. For sweet and sour sauce, place ingredients in a jug, whisk to combine.
2. Place cornflour and five spice in a large bowl. Whisk in egg and soy sauce until combined. Cut pork into 2cm pieces. Add pork and toss to coat.
3. Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry pork, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Heat same wok. Add pineapple and capsicum. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until capsicum softens. Add tomatoes, spring onion and pork. Add sauce mixture. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Serve with rice, scattered with sesame seeds.
Tip1: Have everything chopped in bowls before heating the wok as it is such a quick dish to stir-fry.
Tip2: you can serve this pork over noodles instead of rice
Tip3: Substitute the pork for chicken stir-fry strips.
Tools you may need:
• Large wok or large deep frying pan
Remember to subscribe to the Woolworths YouTube channel for more delicious recipe ideas each week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr94-HE29as1D5dbk5T4f5Q
Watch more great Fresh Ideas kids recipes in the Fresh Ideas kids video playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ-CbFpL2a-vg3mq3bt8OQYkHEoZgg4up
Shop all the ingredients from this recipe and more on Woolworths’ website : http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/
Video Rating: 5 / 5